Forking Tasty, the food fanatic pair of Jason and Anthony Anello, are bringing food, film, and foot-fueled, fossil fuel-free transportation together (too much of a stretch to get the alliteration there?) tonight when they bring a bike-in theater to Greenpoint. The movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and will be screened at India and West streets on the Greenpoint waterfront. The screening starts promptly at 8 pm. Here’s the info:
This first one is an experiment and we want you to be properly prepared. We admit to being a little bare bones, especially compared to our normal Forking Tasty Suppers, but we’ll step it up for future evenings.
1. We will have some popcorn on hand for your enjoyment. We’ll make as much as we can but it’s first come first serve. We highly encourage flavor sharing. For those Forking Tasty Supper fans, we are not providing a full dinner. Perhaps one day this becomes a Bike-In-Dinner-Theater. Baby steps for now.
2. We will have some water to sip on but feel free to bring your own drinks. Just a reminder that this is a public street and alcohol is not allowed to be publicly consumed.
3. There unfortunately isn’t a bathroom close by. Two blocks away are a bunch of bars which should do in a pinch.
4. Feel free to bring something to sit on. Blankets could work but there is not grass in this location. It’s all asphalt warehouse wall to warehouse wall. Plan accordingly.
5. In case of Rain, we will try for Sunday. In case of rain on Sunday we will try for next weekend. Don’t worry, we’ll let you know with a reminder email if the weather makes us push it out.