Around Bedford Ave, “frankenfood” is typically used to describe over processed products of the evil American agribusiness. But this week, it has another meaning. A food truck, promoting a new Spike TV show, is parking around Manhattan passing out snacks possibly conceptualized by drunk college frat boys. I stopped by today in the Financial District and tasted the fried slim-jim mac-n-cheese ball (tasty) and the bacon wrapped hot dog éclair (not so tasty).
Get your own taste of weird this week by following the truck here:
- Wednesday 11am-12:30pm: Group M; 498 7th Ave at 37th Street
- Wednesday 2p-4p; UM; 100 W. 33rd Street
- Thursday 11am – 12:30pm: Viacom Tasting; 345 Hudson St
- Thursday 2pm – 4pm: Horizon; 75 Varick Street
- Friday 11am – 12:30pm: MEC; 825 7th Ave.
- Friday 2pm- 4pm: Zenith; 299 W. Houston St.
On the menu: