Welcome to our new food series with Action Bronson, where we’ll travel the world with Action and his motley crew of associates to check out the finest dives and dimes of the restaurant scene. From halal stands to Michelin star restaurants, Action and his rotating cast of dinner companions will dine in a wide range of remarkable spots to give us their honest opinions—both on and off the plate.
In this debut episode, Action is joined by friend and cousin by association, Big Body Bes, a self-proclaimed performer from Brooklyn. The duo pays a visit to NYC’s two-Michelin-star seafood restaurant, Marea, where chef Michael White cooks up an elaborate six-course meal involving a decadent series of seafood dishes; everything from four styles of crudo to fusilli with red wine-braised octopus and bone marrow, hand-made lamb agnolotti, and five types of desserts. At the end of the meal, not a crumb was left in sight.
Grub Street was kind enough to compile the best lines:
• “Michael White is a one-of-a-kind guy, man. You wouldn’t think he’s into the things he’s into. He’s a real student of hip-hop, all around wild dude.”
• “Damn, do I love cereal … Every time I eat cereal I have to have the picture of Phil Collins there for inspiration.”
• “You know I’m about to go in heavy on the shrimp.”
• “These shrimp right here? Yo, this shit got me ready to fuck.”
• “The scallop with the fiddlehead … the sear on that is unheard-of, that shit tastes like straight gold, tastes like gold bars.”
• “Yeah, I fuck with scallops, man. I’m into all that seafood.”
• “All my jail babies out there, we know about eating with spoons.”
• “Then surprising us with this Creekstone 50-day [aged steak]. Oh, man. The 50-day piece with that balsamic whatever gastrique, what it was.”
• “Motherfuckers aren’t cooking like this.”
• “This ain’t no Red Lobster shit!”