UPDATE: According to reporter Andy Newman the man actually fell on the rail. That makes much more sense.
Sorry: police say *no* indication that man electrocuted on 3rd rail in Bklyn was killed by urinating on it. They say he fell on it.
— Andy Newman (@andylocal) July 8, 2013
Early this morning at the Broadway G train stop in Williamsburg a man was electrocuted and died after peeing on the third rail at the station. From DNAinfo:
Matthew Zeno, 30, and another man were walking north on the southbound side of the subway, near Union Avenue, when Zeno paused to urinate and inadvertantly contacted the third rail, according to the FDNY and NYPD.
The second man, who was not named by police, tried to help Zeno, but sustained an electric shock as well, police said.