Friend of the site and sometimes contributor Andy P. Smith has a new book coming out in June. Co-written with Jason Gershuny, Smith’s new book is called 100 Things Phish Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die and to celebrate the occassion he’s having a book release party at Brooklyn Bowl on June 1st with the DeadPhish Orchestra. Show your support and grab your tickets here.
Whether you’re a huge Phish fan or curious why they have such a loyal following — I admit it, I’m in the latter camp — you’ll find this book entertaining and eye-opening. It’s the perfect primer for their upcoming, recently-announced 2018 tour which includes a 3-day festival upstate in August.
- A heartfelt foreword from Relix Magazine Editor in Chief Mike Greenhaus
- Breakdowns and analysis of every album and how they fit into the Phish canon
- The complete guide to crowd terminology, including how to identify a Wook, a Tarper, a Chomper and a Noob
- Photos and illustrations throughout, capturing the Phish experience
- Profiles of the band members, retrospectives of the most iconic shows and how to make the most of a trip to some of Phish’s favorite venues
I’ve enjoyed learning about the band and why they inspire such a loyal following. Want an early copy? Grab one over at Kickstarter!