There are many carpet cleaning services in Brooklyn offering rug & upholstery services.
Some companies are based in Manhattan and serve Brooklyn as well, some are based in Brooklyn and few are actually in Williamsburg.
To locate a real local carpet cleaning in your neighborhood you need to check the following:
Actual office / facility in the neighborhood:
Many companies list an address on their website. Make sure it is actually in your area and that phone number has your area code. Furthermore make sure they have photos of their office in Williamsburg so in case you need a drop off you can actually do it.
Search on “Google” or “Yelp” about the company and look for reviews from local clients. Make sure the service has a record of at least 3 years in the business thus they actually have reviews from 3 years ago.
Ask the service if they can refer you to clients they served in the neighborhood. if they are true local they will have no problem providing that .
Here are some tips on maintaining your area rugs:
- Keep away from the sun: sunlight over time tends to fade the colors of your rug and weaken the fabrics.
- Don’t put the rug under heavy furniture, in time the weight will wear it out and you will need to repair the rug which can get quite expensive if it’s a handmade rug.
- Vacuum regularly – vacuuming the rug every 2-3 months keeps it fresh and dust free, thus preventing allergies and creating a healthier environment for everyone.
- Handmade rugs – do not clean with a home vacuum machine as you can easily ruin the fibers. Oriental rugs should only be cleaned by a professional.
- Pet stains – as much as we love them, we know that they can be accident prone. Pet urine is acidic and can permanently damage to the rug’s color. As soon as it happens; soak it with a white towel and call for a carpet cleaning service for a professional pet & odor stain removal.
- Clean from both sides – we all forget that a rug has 2 sides … cleaning both sides is essential for keeping the rug fresh and dust free.
- Wine stains – wine and blood stains are among the toughest ones to remove. Call a pro to take care of it as soon as it happens.
- Scotchgard – ask your carpet cleaner to Scotchgard the rug after the cleaning, so next time you have an accident on it the damage won’t be too big.
- Go organic – Now days there are organic, nontoxic solutions for carpet & upholstery cleaning. This is healthier for your family as well as for the rug’s fibers. Ask your rug cleaners to use organic liquids like “ Green Seal “
- Research – before you call for a professional service do a deep research, especially on sites like Yelp & Yellow Pages and look for a high rated service from a local company.
Sun Light Fine Rug Care & Restoration is a local carpet & upholstery service based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, offering expert area rug cleaning & repair with free pickup & delivery.
If you are looking for drop off rug service in Brooklyn, you can visit our store:
Sun Light Fine Rug Care & Restoration
370 S 4th St #102, Brooklyn, NY 11211, USA